Your privacy is a priority at Cotton Seed Distributors Ltd (CSD), and we go to great lengths to protect it.
Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service. It enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services and to focus on categories of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about.
What information we collect and how and why we collect, use, hold and disclose it
When you interact with CSD, such as when you visit our website, when you purchase CSD products and services, when you submit an On-Farm Investment rebate application, or when you call our sales or support associates, we may collect personal information such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences.
We also collect information for market research purposes to gain a better understanding of our customers and the industry in which we operate, and thus provide more valuable products and services.
We collect information regarding user activities on our websites. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and other users, and to understand which parts of our websites, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them.
We may use personal information:
- To provide products and/or services that you have requested from CSD’s agents or from CSD direct.
- For auditing, research, and analysis to improve CSD’s products and services.
- To process membership applications, and to update member details and profile information.
- To fulfil requests for information.
- To send information on relevant CSD products, services and events to members and other customers.
- To send to members and other customers, information on other products, services and events which we think may be of interest to them.
- To alert members and other customers to suppliers of products and services which we think may be of interest to them.
- To send members Contribution notices, voting papers or other documents or information required by or referred to in the Constitution.
- To communicate with members on issues relevant to their membership.
- To communicate with members and other customers on issues relevant to transactions with CSD.
- For CSD’s internal marketing, research and analysis purposes to assist us in better understanding our market, our members, growers who purchase CSD’s products from CSD or from our agents, the businesses and needs of members and growers, and their views about our products and services and other products and services which we think may be of interest to them.
CSD is unlikely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
What happens if you do not provide personal information?
If you do not provide the information requested by CSD, you may not be able to become a member of CSD, or you may not be able to receive the products and/or services and/or information you requested.
When we disclose your information
CSD takes your privacy very seriously. CSD does not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
There are also times when it may be necessary or advantageous for CSD to make certain personal information about you available to agents or other companies with which CSD has a strategic relationship, or which perform work for CSD, to better enable them to provide CSD products and services to you.
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you for national security or law enforcement reasons, or in the other circumstances specified in the Australian Privacy Principles.
How we protect your personal information
CSD takes precautions’ including administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.
Our company – wide commitment to your privacy
As we said, CSD takes protecting your privacy very seriously. To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate these guidelines to CSD employees, and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Access to your personal information
If you wish to access and/or correct the personal information CSD holds about you, you should contact CSD’s Privacy Officer, whose details are set out below.
If you wish to complain about a breach or perceived breach by CSD of the Australian Privacy Principles, please lodge a written complaint with CSD’s Privacy Officer, whose details are set out below. CSD will respond to you within a reasonable period of time, usually within 20 working days.
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may contact CSD’s Privacy Officer further to advise of your concerns and, if we are unable to reach a satisfactory resolution, you may wish to take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How to Contact CSD
The Privacy Officer
Cotton Seed Distributors Ltd
PO Box 117
Wee Waa NSW 2388, Australia
Phone: (02) 6795 0000