CSD strongly supports the dryland cotton industry, once again offering growers the opportunity to reduce their financial risk by offering a dollar for dollar credit towards the following season’s seed, if the dryland cotton crop is unable to be picked (excluding crops which are destroyed through hail damage).
Double skip planting total 250 ha of dryland cotton
237.5 ha Bollgard® 3 + Roundup Ready Flex®
12.5 ha Roundup Ready Flex®
125 ha Bollgard® 3 + Roundup Ready Flex®
125 ha Roundup Ready Flex®
1. Growers must ensure that they have signed a CSD Cotton Planting Seed Agreement through their CSD Agent, before seed is received on farm.
2. Growers must secure a TUA (Technology User Agreement) from their local Technology Service Provider (most major merchandise resellers are TSPs).
3. Growers must order their planting seed, at their normal dryland planting rate, as either Sicot 714B3F or Sicot 748B3F (or Sicot 746B3F in designated areas) plus their choice of Roundup Ready Flex® refuge seed.
4. Only seed purchased with Syngenta branded seed insecticide treatment products are eligible for the scheme (i.e. Cruiser and Cruiser Extreme).
5. Only seed purchased under the 2019 Regular Order seed price qualifies for the CSD Industry Support Program.
6. Growers must nominate a 5% unsprayed or 50% sprayed Roundup Ready Flex® cotton refuge option.
7. To be eligible for the program, a grower must be fully registered on the CSD website (www.csd.net.au/isp) - failure to fully register will void any claims. Registrations must be lodged by:
• 5:00pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT), Tuesday, 10 December 2019 if the grower/farm is located in New South Wales; or
• 4:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST), Tuesday, 10 December 2019 if the grower/farm is located in Queensland.
8. For dryland cotton fields planted after Tuesday, 10 December 2019, the grower must contact (by email) their local CSD Extension and Development Agronomist at the time of planting to be included in the program. Late inclusion within the program is not permitted after the Bollgard® 3 planting window in the grower’s region has expired.
9. Registrations for Northern Australian growers will be subject to the conditions on the Northern RMP, in that all Bollgard® 3 crops are to be planted into moisture or watered up in a six-week window between December 1 and May 30. Registrations for the CSD Industry Support Program must be received by CSD within this six-week window.
10. As this is a dryland cotton support program, irrigating any crop registered within this program post establishment will make the offer null and void.
11. If the claimed crop is replanted, the replanted seed is not eligible for the CSD Industry Support Program (only one claim per field per year can be made). The original crop must be inspected and destroyed prior to replanting into the field.
12. All normal TUA terms and responsibilities are unchanged.
13. If the grower believes their crop is not economically viable for any reason other than hail damage, they must contact their local CSD Extension and Development Agronomist prior to 20 March 2020 to arrange a crop inspection. Claims must be received by:
• 5:00pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT), 20 March 2020 if the grower/farm is located in New South Wales; or
• 4:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST), 20 March 2020 if the grower/farm is located in Queensland.
14. If approved, the grower will receive a credit for the equivalent value of planting seed for next season on the condition that they destroy the crop by 16 April 2020 with email notification to their local CSD Extension and Development Agronomist. Crop destruction will be subject to audits.
15. The claimed crop MUST be inspected before the grower starts to destroy the crop. If the crop is not inspected, then the offer is voided.
16. Under the CSD Industry Support Program, failed cotton crops are not to be utilised for grazing, silage or stripping for stock feed, or harvested to achieve financial gain.
17. Any credit provided must be taken as seed prior to the end of the 2020-21 Bollgard® 3 planting window in the grower’s region, and planted on the same trading entity and farms.
18. If claimed seed is purchased under the CSD early order program, it is not eligible for the CSD Industry Support Program.