Cotton Seed Distributors Ltd (CSD) is an Australian member owned grower focused cotton planting seed company operating in one of the most dynamic business and technology environments within Australian agriculture.
As part of its commitment to the Australian cotton industry’s Cotton Info Program, CSD (together with Cotton Australia and the Cotton Research and Development Corporation) has built a team of agronomists/field officers to support the development and extension of the Australian cotton Industry’s research to improve practices, productivity, competitiveness and environmental performance.
An outstanding opportunity currently exists for a suitably qualified cotton and/or row crop professional to join CSD as a Regional Development Officer for the CottonInfo joint venture, servicing the cropping region of the Namoi Valley, NSW.
Reporting to the Market, Extension & Development Lead, the key objectives of this role are:
• Facilitate adaptation and adoption of research for cotton growers in the region.
• Effectively work within the CottonInfo team to package and deliver research outcomes.
• Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the CottonInfo program.
• Plan and implement a range of extension activities including field days, demonstrations and farm walks to assist information transfer to research customers.
• Contribute to the CottonInfo communications program and prepare grower information.
• Collaborate with CSD’s Extension and Development team as well as Cotton Australia’s Regional Managers for the benefit of cotton growers
• Locally adapt research outcomes through the conduct and evaluation of agronomic trials to suit the particular region.
CSD is looking for applicants of the highest calibre, and in return, offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities in a cooperative and professional team based organisation. Ideally the successful candidate will have a degree in Agriculture or equivalent, experience with cotton agronomy, excellent extension skills as well as a track record in project delivery. However, CSD will consider graduate applicants.
Initial enquiries can be directed in confidence to CSD Group HR Manager, David Coleman on (02) 6795 0000.
If you are interested in taking the next step in your agribusiness career, please send your application (including your resume) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the close of business 23 February 2018.
CSD is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
CottonInfo is a joint venture of Cotton Research and Development Corporation, Cotton Australia and Cotton Seed Distributors Limited.