• Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area/ Lachlan Valley (1 position)
• Namoi Valley (1 position)
• Darling Downs (1 position)
Cotton Seed Distributors Ltd (CSD) is Australia’s sole supplier of cotton planting seed, operating in one of the most inclusive, dynamic and progressive business and technology environments within Australian agriculture.
With operations based in Wee Waa NSW and Dalby Qld, CSD’s primary objective is to deliver cotton growers locally adapted, high yielding and high quality cotton varieties supported by strong extension activities to help growers extract the best value from these varieties.
To support CSD’s extension program and industry growth aspirations, an outstanding opportunity currently exists for recent tertiary qualified cotton, row crop or seed industry professionals to join CSD as an Junior Extension and Development Agronomists to principally service and expand the cotton industry in the MIA/ Lachlan and Namoi Valleys as well as the Darling Downs region.
These are pivotal growth roles within CSD and the successful applicants will work as part of the highly regarded CSD Extension & Development team.
The key objectives of this role are:
• To promote and effectively market CSD cotton varieties to cotton growers and the Australian cotton industry.
• To conduct and evaluate variety and agronomic trials developing management packages to best grow these varieties in this region.
• Liaise and support CSD’s research partners to develop cotton cultivars and management packages specifically adapted for this region.
• To work closely with the grower community providing technical and agronomic support tailored to local requirements.
• To continuously improve of the company’s industry profile and reputation.
• Commercialise and support varieties, technology and seed treatments in the market place after extensive field testing.
CSD is looking for applicants of the highest calibre and in return offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities in a cooperative and professional team based organisation.
If you are interested in taking the next step in your agribusiness career, please send your application (including your resume) by email to David Coleman (CSD HR Manager) (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the close of business Friday 16 June 2017.
CSD is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.